Io Persistence
Alexandre Andrade
2013-02-12 23:35:19 UTC
I am a newbie at Io.

I have a background at php (deprecated) and python, and I loved the
language sintaxe, but have a few points to comment/ask:

1) we can change the objects at runtime, but how to persist them?

2) the Io web frameworks looks so alpha state. Someone has some case use to
talk/show?

3) there some working way to store/interact with databases? with examples?

4) how exactly concurrency works at Io?

5) how scalable is Io?
--
Atenciosamente

Alexandre Andrade
Steve Dekorte
2013-02-17 02:53:40 UTC
Post by Alexandre Andrade
I am a newbie at Io.
Hi Alexandre,
Post by Alexandre Andrade
1) we can change the objects at runtime, but how to persist them?
There's no Smalltalk/LISP system image in Io at the moment.
Post by Alexandre Andrade
2) the Io web frameworks looks so alpha state. Someone has some case use to talk/show?
I don't know of any mature frameworks.
http://iolanguage.org/scm/io/docs/reference/index.html#/Databases
Post by Alexandre Andrade
4) how exactly concurrency works at Io?
http://iolanguage.org/scm/io/docs/IoGuide.html#Concurrency
Post by Alexandre Andrade
5) how scalable is Io?
Scalable for what purpose and in what way?

Steve